Mail management plays a very important part in helping a government organization fulfill its missions. This Mail Handler Certificate Course was created to guide US Federal Government civilian agency support staff through the mail management process and help them understand mail management policies and procedures and the purpose behind such.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES
- Upon successful completion of this course, the participants should be able to:
- Understand the foundations and concepts of mail management;
- Understand the various classes of mail;
- Understand the procedures for managing incoming mail;
- Understand the procedures for managing outgoing mail;
- Understand the financial processing of mail (including overview of postage meters);
- Understand the other mail services and Federal Express; and
- Understand the security and risk assessment related to mail management.
In the design and development phases of this course, we have used current and specific source materials in order to ensure that this course is alignment with standards from the US Army at Ft. Belvoir and with various agencies within the Department of the Interior (e.g., the Fish and Wildlife Service and the Mineral Service).
As with all of its courses, TSG provides knowledgeable industry practitioners to act as instructors. For this Mail Handler Certificate Course, we provide an instructor who currently engages in high level mail operations services in support of an ongoing effort with the US Navy. Previously, this instructor had conferred on him the Department of Defense Form 285 Mail Handler Designation in relation to his many years of his service to the US Air Force at European installations.